Zucchini Banana Bread Recipe using plant based protein
Many of us are sometimes afraid to try things that are a little different. At first I wondered how or why banana could or would get mixed with zucchini as it seems such an odd combination. Although it is because we have all been trained to accept banana bread as a sweet food item so immediately our mind & tongue start 'tasting' that soft sweet mushy goodness.
Although with the right volume these ingredients can be used to create a healthier alternative that with some slight tweaking can be made either a little more savoury or a little sweeter depending on your preferences.
Using all plant based products it creates a great alternative to what is available on the shelf & can made in less than 1 hour
1 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1 scoop protein powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 zucchini grated & drained
1 vegan egg replacer
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 bananas mashed + 1 for decorating
1/4 cup nut butter (I love powdered salted caramel flavour)
1/4 + 1 tbsp plant based milk
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees & line a loaf tin with baking paper
2. In a mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients & stir together
3. Add the wet ingredients and combine
4. Transfer to tin, top with banana and some coconut sugar
5. Bake for around 30-40 mins until golden & cooked through
6. Allow to cool in the tin (this keeps it moist)
Just grab your bred knife and slice into pieces to suit your desired use, either nice and thin or lovely and thick.