Peanut Butter Protein Supplement Cookie Dough Recipe
As athletes we are always searching for methods and ideas to maximise and vary our nutrition intake, lets face it, eating the same thing over and over can get mundane and boring.
Do you know much about chickpeas? They are packed with protein, carbohydrates, fibre, various vitamins and minerals that work with us to maximise performance and outcomes we strive to achieve.
This recipe uses chickpeas and our Australian made plant based protein powder in an an ultimate go-to recipe treat that is packed with all the macro and micronutrients we need. Making simple protein treats at home can be really quick and easy and being plant based you know it is 100% natural without any added chemicals or preservatives. It means you can control your dietary intake to give your body exactly what you want.
- 1 tin chickpeas, thoroughly rinsed
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 100gm Vanilla Cupcake protein powder supplement
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 100gm dark chocolate
- Add everything to the blender - except the chocolate - blitz or blend until smooth
- Roughly chop 1/3 of the chocolate and mix through the cookie dough.
- Freeze until set
- Melt the remaining chocolate and pour over the top
- Keep in the freezer for a quick snack for the week ahead while you are training or working out.