Chocolate Peanut Butter Pecan Cups Recipe
This is a gluten free recipe that uses our vegan plant protein. It's a great little snack idea and its an easy recipe for delicious high protein choc pecan cups filled with peanut butter.
These are no-bake, gluten free and made with a pea & hemp protein & the flavour is perfect in smoothies & raw treats, not overly sweet which makes it very verastile compared to other plant proteins.
This recipe can make 6
- 90g almond meal
- 100g peanut butter
- 45g maple syrup
- 50g chocolate protein powder from @thenewtritionco
- 125g peanut butter
- 10g coconut oil
- Handful of pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the almond meal with the protein powder, peanut butter and maple syrup. I like to use a runny peanut butter. Mix together until it’s sticking together easily. If needed add a little water.
- Press the mixture into a muffin pan - I used a 6 cup silicone one measuring 29.4cmx20cm. If you’re using a stainless steel type one I would like with baking paper to make them easy to pull out.
- Using your hands press the mixture in to each cup, pressing it up around the edges.
- Melt the peanut butter and mix with the coconut oil. Pour into each muffin cup. Place in the fridge for 10 mins so the filling slightly hardens up.
- Remove from the fridge and top each with the pecans. Set in the fridge for about 4 hours minimum (I like to leave them overnight)
- Gently remove each one from the muffin pan. Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle over each. Enjoy!
Store in a container in the fridge for up to a week.